The Basingstoke Voluntary Services Youth Team targets young people aged between 11 - 21 who are failing to achieve i.e. they may be pre-NEET (Not in Education of Employment) or NEET, In the judicial system, in Care, from a BME community or from a deprived community or have a disability or care for a family member.
BVS Youth Team Aims:
1. To improve the life chances of young people who are ailing to achieve or progress through the usual educational routes.
2. To increase the number of young people volunteering in local youth volunteering roles.
|BVS Youth Team Delivery Activities:
The BVS Youth Team will deliver a series of workshops; arts award training and community projects using multimedia visual and performing arts to generate young people's interest in learning and volunteering. These local community volunteer projects and accredited-training will help deliver grass roots training to inspire and build the young people's confidence to become involved in mainstream training and personal development.
BYIA can deliver a 1 day Workshops or a 12 sessions program in the following:
Arts Awards and Accreditation - All of the 12 session training delivers by BYIA offers young people the opportunity to gain a Arts Award Accreditation: Arts Award aspires to support any young person to enjoy the arts and develop creative leadership and personal skills. Offered at levels 1, 2 and 3 on the Qualifications and Credit Framework. Arts Award can be achieved at three levels Bronze, silver or Gold.
- D.J. and or Music Production - We work with industry standard software and both vinyl and CD we offer a range of activities aimed at developing core skills and products in D.J and Music Production
- Graffiti and or Graphic Design - We teach a range of letter forms and characters using professional graffiti paint. Graphic design is taught using Quark Express and Photoshop which are industry standard software. We promote a positive culture of responsible graffiti art
- B-boying - B-boying or break-dance is an extreme form of dance that requires strength and power - we teach from foundations to competition level and work with some of the best b-boys on the south coast
- Video Production - We use high end HD cameras and director we can develop skills from basic camera work to professional editing and create multimedia films and volunteer youth lead film projects.
- Bespoke Training - We can offer bespoke training programs designed to specifically cater to an organisations or beneficiary groups needs.
BVS Youth Team also offers workshops, training, activities, resources in the following:
- Youth Work disclosure training - We offer youth leadership training engaging young people in leadership that enables them to effectively manage youth volunteer community projects Personal Development. We offer a person centred approach delivering a range of personal development and life skills activities within all our programs
- Volunteering - As part of our program we offer a range of volunteer opportunities to further develop skills learnt during the training/workshops.
- Consultancy - To assist the development of local youth groups and clubs and where appropriate act as an employment hub for youth worker staff
- Youth Suite - A youth suite in the town centre that can be hired to accommodate up to 20 young people
1 day workshop - £300 + Materials where required
12 session arts award - £2500 + Materials where required
- Basingstoke Voluntary Services Experience - 12 years delivering youth activities across Basingstoke and Deane. Basingstoke Voluntary Services also deliver The Basingstoke Young Carers Project
For more information regarding the BVS Youth Team or for a course curriculum please contact:
Lee Price on 01256 423813 or email on Lee.Price@voluntaryservices.com
Jaynie Lewis on 01256 423812 or email on Jaynie.firstname.lastname@example.org