The BVA Group Development Team based within the Orchard building are available to assist local Voluntary Groups and Charity Organisations with advice and support. The team have experience working with various organisations of various sizes within Basingstoke and interaction with the Charity Commission, Funding agencies and a raft of other related bodies and partners.
There are six main areas of development –
|1 - Governance & Leadership||4 - Admin & Management|
|2 - Finance & Funding||5 - Staff & Volunteers|
|3 - Policies & Procedures||6 - Activities & Services|
The Group Development team can assist with the above sections which include -
- Guidance through the process of starting a new group
- Understand the requirement for Committees / Trustees
- Assistance with issues once the group is in operation or potentially closing down
- Searching and applying for suitable funding
- Develop or updating constitutions, policies and procedures
- Guide groups through the financial requirements of running a group or charity
- Guide you through registering with the Charity Commission
- Keep you informed with mailings targeted to your services
- Assist with publicity and promotion
- Provide training courses and workshops where identified
- Advice, guidance and support regarding volunteers including DBS Checks
- Good practice Guidelines
- Good Governance
- Business Planning
Groups are strongly encouraged to become FREE members of Basingstoke Voluntary Action and please contact 01256 423816 for information.
Successful Voluntary Community Groups and Charities need adequate Governance and Leadership to ensure smooth running and reduction of any liability. BVA help to provide supporting documents.
Basingstoke Voluntary Action can assist groups with information regarding funding and financial management and have a variety of documents for reference, which BVA can assist with where required.
It is a requirement of all organisations to ensure that relevant Policies and Procedures are created and implemented where applicable.
This Admin and Management section is under review at present but any queries can be directed to the Group Development Team via 01256 423616
This Staff and Volunteers section is under review at present but any queries can be directed to the Group Development Team via 01256 423816