Hampshire County Council is offering a chance to gain a AQA level 3 Community Development Qualification
This FREE course is for you if you are passionate about supporting your community either through voluntary participation in a community group, or if you play an unpaid role in your local community.
On the course you will explore ideas and practical examples including;
- the meaning of ‘community’ and ‘community development’
- the values and practice of community development work
- how positions of power and powerlessness affect people
- the benefits of group work
- understanding way people get involved
- understanding barriers to participation
- the benefits of reflective practice
The training opportunity is free of charge for community members living in Hampshire*. We wish to encourage applications from peer-led community groups working to support traditionally excluded communities in Hampshire, specifically: disabled people, black and minority ethnic groups, minority faith groups, LGBT+
The course will be delivered over 9 weeks, each session lasting 4 hours. First session will take place Friday 5th May 2017 in Winchester with 15 places currently still available with attendees making their own way to the training.
Interested? contact Camilla.email@example.com by 21st April or give call on 01962 845216. Spaces are limited and priority will be given to community members who work with the targets groups mentioned above.